EZ-Link reset

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rawliquid

EZ-Link reset

Post by rawliquid »

There MUST be some way to reset the settings on the EZ Link. I've had mine for some time now and it's been working just great.
I had it attached to a circuit to make reprogramming easier, and had not changed anything in the physical setup at all.
I had been using my laptop to connect to it and my desktop, however I recently installed linux on my laptop and haven't yet gotten all the drivers worked out on it. So I remembered I had a serial program which I used for testing my drone telemetry setup(runs no problem at 57600 or even 115200 using a different bluetooth module) so I grabbed my phone(verizon note 3) hit search, pair, and fired up the serial app. lights all respond as expected, arduino reboots, then...nothing...
I spent the rest of lastnight testing every little piece looking for the problem and managed to find what it is, but haven't figured out the WHY or how to fix it.
Connecting to the EZ Link from my phone, seems to have made a change somewhere. regardless of what speed the bluetooth connection and serial connection are opened at, the serial side is stuck at 9600.
Nothing I do will change the baud rate.
Even if I only supply power, and open a 115200 connection to it, my oscilloscope shows a pulse of 102us which corresponds to 9600...doing a similar trace just a usb serial adapter, yields 8us....
Until lastnight, I have never heard anything about the android stack limiting the rate, and in actuality have myself used the bluesmirf module at 115200 on numerous occasions.
So, back to the question. HOW can I reset whatever it is that has the module stuck on 9600?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: EZ-Link reset

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

For starters, try disconnecting it from power and letting it sit overnight. That should give any latent data memory time to drain.

BLE devices keep 'whitelists' of devices they've paired with, so it's possble for data to carry over from one connection to the next. I don't know what the nRF8001 has for long-term memory though, so let's see what letting any stored charge dissipate will do.

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

After allowing it to sit for over a week, and removing all traces of it from my phone and pc, I connected it up and as I expected, attempting to program an arduino errors out with a not in sync error, and opening the serial monitor @ 115200 with an arduino sending anything to serial @ 115200 yields garbage, dropping the serial monitor down to 9600 and the text shows up....
I noticed that there appears to be a new firmware version out for this, is there any chance of getting a quick walk-through on re-flashing it, along with the firmware file? or even the source for the firmware so I can build it myself if necessary ???

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Step one for flashing the firmware is, "pay a large licensing fee to the chip vendor for a proprietary software package".

Step two is pretty much irrelevant.

It sounds like you have a device that's out of whack, so let's get you a new one. Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a new EZ-Link.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”