(HELLA) OONTZ: serial port: no usb

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
reckj

(HELLA) OONTZ: serial port: no usb

Post by reckj »

I've assembled my Hella Oontz and everything worked how discribed in the instuctions. After uploading the OONTZ_HELLO_WORLD (how discribed with the change of serial to midi in the usb type setting) I tried it in my DAW and everything worked great.

Now to the frustrating bit. After that i wanted to upload the OONTZ_Step_Seq sketch to try it out and mess with it. But when connecting the board to the computer it(the usb port) wasn't listed. Changed several times from serial to midi and checked the board setting (TeeOnArdu) but get to no success. I'm sure it's a pretty simple problem. Maybe interresting/necessary to know: It appears still in the midi-audio-setup and the midi connection works.

anybody an idea what's wrong?

Thankfull for every help! Can't wait to get back to work on it!

John

pburgess

Re: (HELLA) OONTZ: serial port: no usb

Post by pburgess »

The serial port might be listed only when the bootloader is running (i.e. within first 10 seconds of plugging USB). Try unplugging & replugging device, then race to the Tools->Serial Port menu and see if it's there.

Other possibility is that the DAW software (if it's running) may have some kind of exclusive lock on the device; could try quitting and see if it helps.

reckj

Post by reckj »

Thanks for your answer "pburgess"! Unluckly I've already tried this stuff yesterday and it isn't the problem. DAW isn't running (even restarted my macbook) and I tried it at least 15 times within the first 10 seconds and nothing.
I even deleted the listed midi device in the Audio-MIDI-Setup. I'm quite helpless. I'm pretty new to the whole arduino enviroment but pretty experienced in c ++ and general informatic knowlegment so I hope it's just a tricky thing I have to do here, which might be really obviously to some other ones.

Appreciate your help/answer!

pho

Post by pho »

Hi reckj,
i've just assembled my oontz and faced with the same problem. Solution helped me is to reboot arduino broad not by plugging/unplugging it from usb, but using a red button on the arduino board. Then you will have about 10 seconds to upload new sketch.

reckj

Post by reckj »

Hi pho,
thank you very much for your answer! This worked also for me. Problem solved.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”