My blue LED on my power supply is not blue anymore! ;)

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Wilsonus

My blue LED on my power supply is not blue anymore! ;)

Post by Wilsonus »

I purchased a 1A power supply that has a USB connection port. There's a small blue LED on the top that would light up when it's plugged in powered on and now it doesn't light up. The power supply seems to work fine with no issues but the blue LED I found quite handy and miss my little blue friend. I was wondering if that's something that would be covered under warranty for a replacement? Thank you and have a great afternoon!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: My blue LED on my power supply is not blue anymore! ;)

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Which supply do you have, and when did you get it?

Wilsonus

Post by Wilsonus »

Hi Mike, thank you for the reply. It was ordered March 5th of this year and the power supply is a 5V 1A (1000mA) USB port power supply - UL Listed PID: 501. Is that enough information to know what model it is? I pulled it from my order history detail description.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's outside our 30 day return period, but it does sound like a hardware failure.. probably just the LED dying earlier than expected.

Tell you what: when you make your next order, send a note to [email protected] along with the order number and a link to this thread, and I'll ask the folks there to make sure a new 5v adapter gets into the box.

Wilsonus

Post by Wilsonus »

Thanks Mike, will do! It went completely dark and now it's flickering-ish. It flickers for a while and then goes dark, flickers, then dark again but it doesn't seem to be affecting the power output. I appreciate the help and have great holiday weekend!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”