USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
WhoWantsSomeWaffles

USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4

Post by WhoWantsSomeWaffles »

Hi there, I'm completely new to AVR's and microcontrollers and I've been trying to set up the software needed to program my ATMEGA328p with my new USBtinyISP.
I am having a difficult time using my USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4. I went through the tutorial listed here http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/ ... ompat.html and made my way to the part where the USBtiny500 application should tell me that the status is ready. I ended up getting it working to where the application told me "Status: Ready" a few times, but now it's saying that it's failed and can not find the USBtiny.

How do I let it know that my USBtiny is connected? I have already installed the drivers correctly so I know that isn't the problem.

Before I had the "Cannot find USBtinyISP" error, the USBtiny500 application told me that the status was ready and so I moved on. When I opened up AVR Studio to select my programmer I clicked on the CON button on the toolbar. I chose AVRISP and COM2.

This, however, didn't work and the banner then read "Connect Failed".

This has all been a bit confusing to me and I would appreciated any help in fixing my problem. Just to refresh I have a USBtinyISP and would like to program my ATMEGA328p with AVR Studio 4. Thanks for your help :)

-David

adafruit

Re: USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4

Post by adafruit »

the avrstudio thing is a little hacky. try avrdude which works much better. also try selecting STK500.

WhoWantsSomeWaffles

Post by WhoWantsSomeWaffles »

Alright, will do. Thanks :)

even

Post by even »

do you fix the problem?I also has one error "connected failed" with you

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”