Driver Installation Process

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vicatcu

Driver Installation Process

Post by vicatcu »

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 on an Intel machine (not sure whether Intel, AMD, etc. matters), and I'm having some trouble getting the drivers to install properly... I just keep seeing unrecognized device in Device Manager when I plug it in to a USB port. I'd like to check my understanding of the process and ask for corrections if I'm doing something wrong. I'll also ask some contextual questions inline.
  • Install the latest version of WinAVR (is this really necessary if I just want to use this to program via the Arduino IDE?)
  • Download and unzip the installation files from http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/ ... .2.1.0.zip
  • Run the installer_x64.exe in the unzipped folder (there is also an installer_x86.exe which I presume is the 32-bit installer).
  • Plug in the device to USB and enjoy
Is that the right sequence of steps, or am I missing something subtle?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Driver Installation Process

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Try right-clicking on the "unknown device" in Device Manager and tell it to update the drivers. Select the "browse" option and navigate to the folder where you unzipped the installation files. It probably won't show the .inf file in the browse window, but select that folder anyway and tell it to install.

vicatcu

Re: Driver Installation Process

Post by vicatcu »

Worked, Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”