Atmel studio 6

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
steveb_avr_newbie

Atmel studio 6

Post by steveb_avr_newbie »

I was under the impression that the USB Tiny worked with Atmel studio but I don't see it listed. Is there an older version that it works with? I think I saw a post that someone responded to similar to this that they said to use AVRdude. Is that still true? I just got the windows 7, 64 bit driver figured out and really want to get started. So if I use AVRdude I can still use that with non boot loaded chips?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Atmel studio 6

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

_Hix

Post by _Hix »

I've followed the guide to the letter and Atmel Studio 6 still refuses to recognise USBTinyISP.
So far i have:

Installed latest drivers for Win 7 64 from the downloads page [http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/ ... .2.1.0.zip]

Installed AVRDude from latest sourceforge [avrdude version 5.10, URL: <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avrdude/>]

Istalled com0com and set up 2 com redirects COM8-COM19 and COM9-COM19

Installed usbtiny500 set to COM9 and received Status:Ready

However, even after this Atmel Studio 6 sees nothing:

Has anyone got anything that they can offer in the way of advice for this? It's really annoying that the one thing I bought it for, which it advertises it should be capable of doing, it can't.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That guide was written for an older version of AVR Studio. The final step of identifying the programmer's COM port is slightly different in Studio 6 - perhaps you haven't done that part?
Go into the Tools menu and select 'Add STK500…", and select your com port in the popup.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”