USB missing

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bilal

Post by bilal »

Yep, it's an attiny2313

bilal

Post by bilal »

I think it worked lady!! ::

Code: Select all

avrdude -c usbtiny -p 2313

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude: Expected signature for AT90S2313 is 1E 91 01
         Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.
It looks like it worked, right?

Weird, I never knew that unplugging/plugging back in worked for //all// electronics. Whee!

-BG ready now?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

um like i said it should be t2313 not 2313 they are different chips

also you should use the full name of the chip instead of shorthand to avoid such problems so use -p attiny2313

try it again!

bilal

Post by bilal »

Still get a very similar message:

[bilal-ghalibs-computer:~/downloads/2a/avrdude-5.3.1] bilalgha% avrdude -c usbtiny -p attiny2313

avrdude: Expected signature for ATtiny2313 is 1E 91 0A

Also, I'm getting my firmware ready in anticipation. And I'm wondering if you know if I'll have to do anything different than what they have in their installation guide:
However, if you plan on using some other programming software, and intend to use an ATmega8, note that you must program the low fuses to be all ones (0xff). (I am using an ATmega8).

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Device signature = 0x1e9307 implies the chip is an atmega8

again, look on top of the chip you are programming for the part number

i cant really take you through a tutorial on how to program avr chips as at this rate will take me a week and im rather busy writing one up. this forum is really only inteded to get the programmer kit working.

you may want to check out avrfreaks.com for more help...or the place where you grabbed the firmware from.

bilal

Post by bilal »

Goodness. My bad!
I was ... stupidly looking at the programmer for the chip ID since that was the focus for so long, i forgot about what it's plugged into....

avrdude -vvvv -c usbtiny -p m88

avrdude: Version 5.3.1, compiled on Jul 19 2007 at 20:24:42
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/bilalghalib/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port            : unknown
         Using Programmer      : usbtiny
         AVR Part              : ATMEGA88
         Chip Erase delay      : 9000 us
         PAGEL                 : PD7
         BS2                   : PC2
         RESET disposition     : dedicated
         RETRY pulse           : SCK
         serial program mode   : yes
         parallel program mode : yes
         Timeout               : 200
         StabDelay             : 100
         CmdexeDelay           : 25
         SyncLoops             : 32
         ByteDelay             : 0
         PollIndex             : 3
         PollValue             : 0x53
         Memory Detail         :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65     5     4    0 no        512    4      0  3600  3600 0xff 0xff
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           flash         65     6    64    0 yes      8192   64    128  4500  4500 0xff 0xff
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : USBTINY
         Description     : USBtiny simple USB programmer

avrdude: Using SCK period of 10 usec
CMD: [ac 53 00 00] [ff fe 53 00]

Reading |                                                    | 0% 0.00sCMD: [30 00 00 00] [00 30 00 1e]
CMD: [30 00 01 00] [00 30 00 93]
Reading | #################                                  | 33% 0.01sCMD: [30 00 02 00] [00 30 00 07]

avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA88 is 1E 93 0A

: \ : )?
-Bilal, thank you so much for all your prompt help, this would have taken weeks without you! Much appreciated.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

dont use -vvvv as you dont need it

PLEASE LOOK AGAIN AT THE TOP OF THE CHIP

does it say ATMEGA8 or ATMEGA88

-p m88 and -p m8 are DIFFERENT CHIPS

bilal

Post by bilal »

I am a butt.

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done. Thank you.
I feel a bit ashamed now. I hope you know how much I appreciate your help. I'll go check that AVRFreaks page for help the rest of the way. You're beautiful, you know.
-BG

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

YAY! now get outta here, I gotta finish writing up all this stuff so i never have to answer it again! :)

good luck with your project! :)

dioioib

I am having the same issue

Post by dioioib »

I tried to reinstall libusb and nothing happens.

my error is error at /usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf:385 unrecognized character: "u"

the output i get from libusb is:

/usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.4.4.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.4.5.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusb.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusbpp-0.1.4.4.4.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusbpp-0.1.4.4.5.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusbpp-0.1.4.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusbpp.dylib

any help would be appreciated.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”