Could not find USBtiny device

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ballard

Re: Could not find USBtiny device

Post by ballard »

Okay - so the diagram on the right is what I use. Thanks and I agree about this thing, but I already got this thing. The Micro-processor is Arduino thought isn't it? lol.
Ballard.

ballard

Post by ballard »

One more question about this thing....lol. What are the pins labeled with a dot like .D9? Some D pins don't have that DOT.
- as always Thank You - Ballard.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

ballard wrote:Okay - so the diagram on the right is what I use.
Yup.
ballard wrote:Thanks and I agree about this thing, but I already got this thing. The Micro-processor is Arduino thought isn't it?
Yeah - I suppose you've already climbed most of the learning curve, so no point switching now.
ballard wrote:What are the pins labeled with a dot like .D9? Some D pins don't have that DOT.
I was wondering the same thing. The Arduino site is always a good place to refer to, so I looked here, and found this:
PWM: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. Provide 8-bit PWM output with the analogWrite() function.
So that's what the dots mean - those pins are capable of PWM output.

Also note that there are no D0 and D1 pins. All arduinos have those - they are mapped to the serial I/O lines, but can be used for other things if your sketch doesn't need serial I/O.
These would be the pins you have your FTDI friend connected to. D0 is serial receive (RX) and D1 is serial transmit (TX). Presumably, you can also use those two pins as digital I/O on the mintduino.
Last edited by adafruit_support_rick on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot link...

ballard

Post by ballard »

Cool - and PWM means Pulse Width Modulation. Some have dots before the D and others After the D. I will investigate this later and give you some rest from me! Thanx again Bro. - Ballard

ballard

Post by ballard »

This is "That Thing". Works now! Thanks.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Glad you got it going - I was worried there for a bit that you might be a noob, but you seem like you know what you're doing in general.
Picture didn't come through, though. You have to use the Upload Attachment tab to upload a jpg or png.

EDIT - actually, I fixed the picture. It didn't like the facebook URL. I edited your post and pasted in the actual URL of the picture itself...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”