Arduino 10 supports USBtinyISP!

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

Post by adafruit »

why not burn the bootloader using the usbtiny?
http://www.ladyada.net/library/arduino/bootloader.html

haxor

Arduino/usbtiny integration

Post by haxor »

er... Let me rephrase this. I started by trying to use Arduino 10 in conjunction with the usbtiny to program by Boarduino. (Both usbtiny and Boarduino are great and work with Avrdude from the command line.) I was trying to see if Arduino 10 now works with usbtiny programmer, as this thread seemed to indicate it does.

When trying to upload my own programs using the Arduino software, it seems that the Arduino software wasn't in contact with the programmer (given the error messages I posted earlier). I then checked the drop down menus and found the one which gives the option to burn bootloader using usbtiny. I tried it thinking nothing would happen, and found that it in fact worked with the programmer to successfully upload the bootloader onto the Boarduino.

I am inquiring if others using this software/hardware combo are having the same experiences and if there are any known solutions.

adafruit

Re: Arduino/usbtiny integration

Post by adafruit »

haxor wrote: I tried it thinking nothing would happen, and found that it in fact worked with the programmer to successfully upload the bootloader onto the Boarduino.

I am inquiring if others using this software/hardware combo are having the same experiences and if there are any known solutions.
if it worked, then whats the problem?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”