Gemma issue

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
necrodiety

Gemma issue

Post by necrodiety »

Background. I have Win 8.1 and was having a really hard time getting Gemma talking. Tried all the supplied steps. I was able to program it fine on a Win 7 machine.

What I did: Followed the guide for setting up Gemma and downloaded the pre-built Arduino 1.05 for Gemma/Trinket (http://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-t ... e-dot-conf)

Extracted, ran arduino.exe and magically my Gemma was detected as a trinket. I loaded up my sketch and uploaded... Got a giant wall of red text and now my Gemma will just sit there on battery power. It has a green power light and a very dim red light. If I plug it into USB on my Win 8 machine, the slow blinking red light comes on and just keeps cycling over and over.

Please tell me my Gemma isn't borked. I just finished soldering it all together today and it was fine but thought I'd play around a bit in the code and now it's a paperweight. :(

necrodiety

Re: Gemma issue

Post by necrodiety »

Ok, well it's not borked. I got a sketch uploaded using my Win 7 machine ok... Was really scared that I may have screwed the bootloader or something. I still need to get it working on my Win 8 machine.

cameraready

Re: Gemma issue

Post by cameraready »

I had a similar experience. I have it working on Win7 but not Win8.1. Were you able to get the USBtiny driver to install on Win8? I suspect the problem might be related to my USB 3.0 port. I'm going to try using a USB 2.0 hub and see if that makes a difference.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”