Duemilanove ATmega328 "program is not responding"

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chris_nh

Duemilanove ATmega328 "program is not responding"

Post by chris_nh »

Using Arduino 16 with Mac OS X 10.5.7 (iMac Intel Core 2 Duo.) I've connected a recently purchased Duemilanove ATmega328 (Arduino Starter Pack.) Attempting to upload the "Blink" example and getting, "program is not responding."

I've gone through the troubleshooting guide and have power, selected correct board (Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328), selected correct port (/dev/tty.usbserial-A6008bWv) but still receiving, "program is not responding." Have tried using just USB for power and external power supply. Using the FTDI USB SerialDriver v2_2_10 (for Intel-based Macs.) Have re-installed Arduino 16, deleted prefs, re-installed FTDI driver, rebooted several times, but still cannot upload.

Lastly, I spent time trying to get the board working under Windows XP. Ran through the set up (installed drivers, Arduino 16, etc.), even tried another USB cable. Board still will not work. I'm feeling confident the problem is the board itself. Maybe the bootloader is corrupted? Thoughts?

Thanks, -Chris

adafruit

Re: Duemilanove ATmega328 "program is not responding"

Post by adafruit »

the most common problem is not selecting the correct com port or not having drivers installed but it sounds like you did that right
when you press the reset button, do any of its leds flicker?

chris_nh

Post by chris_nh »

None of the lights flicker when I press the reset button. I've also held it down for 10 seconds or so and still nothing.

-Chris

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

well it doesnt much matter how long you press it for, but you should get flickers when you release the button...which im assuming you dont get either right?

chris_nh

Post by chris_nh »

correct. None of the leds flicker at all when I press the reset button.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ur arduino is br0ked. if you got it from adafruit, email support and say that i told 'em to give you a new one

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”