Which kit should I start out with.

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
one3two2three1

Which kit should I start out with.

Post by one3two2three1 »

Hi there, I'm trying to jump into the micro-controller world after being shunned by it in my Mechanical Engineering program. So basically all I have is a little C programming background, enough for me to do Matlab functions, otherwise, electronics are new to me. I can't decide on either you Arduino starter kit or Experimentation kit.

I'd love to get your opinions so I could start making some cool stuff to control the things I want to make. Thanks for any help.

adafruit

Re: Which kit should I start out with.

Post by adafruit »

either would be just fine. a budget pack is the cheapest way to get started. the ardx has more stuff :D

one3two2three1

Post by one3two2three1 »

i think i'll start out with the start kit and see where that takes me.
thanks a bunch, take care

gelfling6

Post by gelfling6 »

The budget pack, or the starter pack are the best to start off.. I got the starter kit a few weeks back, and I've been tinkering with it since. I assembled the ProtoShield with hard-soldered wires to the LED's and the single push button. (3 short wires, red for red LED, Green for Green LED, and White for the button.). I just put together my 1st semi-advanced project.. a simple collision detector, using the Parallax PING)), and just parts from the starter kit, so I recommend the whole starter kit, which gives room on the ProtoShield to start going ahead.

Stephen (gelfling6)

rct

Post by rct »

It would be helpful if it the differences between the Arduino Starter kit and the experimenter's kit were more detailed.

From what I can tell, the experimenters kit has more components. However the starter kit has better power supply options - it includes an A/C adapter as well as the 9 V battery case with switch & plug.

(The experimenters kit also includes the printed manual and layout sheets, but that's not really a factor for me)

Oh, and the experimenters kit has some compenents that appear to be difficult to keep in stock ;-)

Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”