(Solved)Uno R3 Driver not detected when manually choosing top level folder

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: (Solved)Uno R3 Driver not detected when manually choosing top level folder

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The FTDI drivers were used for older versions of the Arduino. The UNO's don't use the FTDI chip and instead use the drivers in the Arduino distribution.

rbwilliams

Post by rbwilliams »

Hello, if you have not already solved your problem, you could try my method. It worked for me!
http://riverembedded.hackhut.com/2011/1 ... wn-device/

Roger

calibos

Post by calibos »

I had fits trying to get the Arduino driver to load on my XP Pro laptop. I wrote Jeremy Blum, and he answered in a day or so.He refrenced the page http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows#toc4 , which then gave me the driver file name. For the uno, it is "ArduinoUNO.inf". Once found, I could not get the driver to upload using the driver update manager. I opened the Arduino files and found the file Arduino\Drivers\Arduino MEGA 2560.inf.
I did a drag and drop to the My Documents folder, used the My Documents Folder as the file destination for the hardware driver update Wizard after the selections.. No, not at this time > Install from a list...> Include this location in the search:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents
Bingo it loaded. I hope this helps someone.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”