Advice on Newbie wishlist

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chiragpatnaik

Advice on Newbie wishlist

Post by chiragpatnaik »

I got onto this site looking at the Ice tube clock. And lucked on to Arduino I don't yet know where I want to head with Arduino. So right now it is an open agenda.

This is my newbie wish list so far. Keep in mind I have no tools (except lots of screw drivers) or components whatsoever.

* Ice Tube Clock Kit
* Monochron clock Kit (We love clocks, We have three dozen odd of different types :))
* ARDX
* 9V DC wall wart
* USBtinyISP AVR (to brush up on soldering skills, Also, I believe this will be required sooner rather than later)
* EL Wire kit (Want to give my wife a glowing BANNED. Cool? tacky? Will know after it is done)
* Some add on add on bits and pieces from http://www.simplelabs.co.in/content/qui ... it-arduino

I plan to buy a 40W soldering iron + stand and Multimeter (MAS 830L) here locally in BANNED. Regular 60/40 Solder wire (not sure if Rosin core etc. is available here, Will check the local market this Saturday)

Do suggest, must have tool and component additions/options that I may need immediately. Right now it is just a toe dip in electronics.

A six month goal that I can think of (will plan and buy parts when budget permits) is to be to create an ambilight like this
http://www.adafruit.com/products/461
only for my Plasma TV (not computer display/output). I have no idea what this will take and how this will happen or if at all possible. HDMI pass through? God knows.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Advice on Newbie wishlist

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Do suggest, must have tool and component additions/options that I may need immediately.
You will probably want to have most of what is in Lady Ada's Tool Kit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”