one arduino board per project?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tukmol

one arduino board per project?

Post by tukmol »

Hi! If I want to make a lot of projects or robots with arduino does it mean I need to buy a lot of arduino boards?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: one arduino board per project?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That depends on whether or not you want to use all the projects at the same time, or whether or not you want to disassemble your projects to swap Arduino boards between them.

tukmol

Post by tukmol »

im asking because I want to buy another kit, it includes another arduino board, i wasnt sure if it's a waste having another arduino. Thank you!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Having a second Arduino isn't necessary, but it also isn't a waste. It's more like a convenience. There are a lot of useful things you can do with a second Arduino, like testing code or generating signals while you're using the other one in a project.

Which kit are you considering?

tukmol

Post by tukmol »

The experimenter's kit. I'm newb, i prefer buying kit :)

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If you're just getting started, I'd say getting a second Arduino with all the other stuff in the Experimenter's Kit would be a good investment. As you get more experience, you'll start buying parts from distributors like Digikey and Mouser, but searching their catalogs can be a bit overwhelming the first few times.

The kit will give you lots of hardware to play with, and like I said, a second Arduino may not be necessary, but it can definitely be handy.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”