Starter Pack for Arduino (Includes Arduino Uno R3) - 1.0?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
saypat

Starter Pack for Arduino (Includes Arduino Uno R3) - 1.0?

Post by saypat »

Hello. New member here. Does this kit come with 'instructions? Does it come with sufficient parts to complete the online tutorials? I know the BIG starter kit has a book with instructions, and kit 1.03 has a nice web version guide to the projects. Just curious if kit 1.0 has projects with documentation? Looking to get started ... but fear this passion will consume much of my time :(

thank you for all replies -

patrick

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Starter Pack for Arduino (Includes Arduino Uno R3) - 1.0

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The starter pack does not come with "instructions" - instead, you follow the online tutorials on our Adafrui Learning System. There are enough parts to complete the first few Lessons, but the rest of the tutorials require additional components.

You might be happier with the ARDX pack, which does come with the hardcopy "Experimenter's Guide". It also comes with enough parts to complete most of the Arduino Lessons on our Learning System.

samarlowe

Post by samarlowe »

adafruit_support_rick wrote: You might be happier with the ARDX pack, which does come with the hardcopy "Experimenter's Guide". It also comes with enough parts to complete most of the Arduino Lessons on our Learning System.
Hello there. Unfortunately I ordered the starter pack, not realizing it does not have the components I would need to follow the tutorials. I am a complete beginner to this and seem to be having trouble with lesson #2 for example due to a lack of parts.

Is there some sort of kit available that I could order that would supplement the starter pack so as to add all the components in the ARDX pack (with out having duplicate parts) so I could follow along the lessons? I'm a bit frustrated in that I cant carry on the with the basic lessons.

For example, the starter pack comes with the the tiny breadboard whereas the ARDX has the half size bread board. The wiring diagrams in the lessons reference the half size. Since the tiny breadboard does not have the + & - sections, is there some way to know how this would correlate to the half size? As I mentioned I am a beginner, so please forgive my question if is a very fundamental one.

Thanks,

jcgoodman

Post by jcgoodman »

Hear, hear. It'd be great to have an Adafruit Arduino kit that lines up with the first few tutorials, or a reorganized set of tutorials that lines up with what's in the kit.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That's a great suggestion. I'll pass it along to the Powers That Be.
Meanwhile, I'm afraid you'll have to purchase the necessary parts ala carte.

You can dedicate a couple of rows on the tiny breadboard to be + and - buses. That's about all I can suggest for that. Otherwise, just do point-to-point wiring for power and ground

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”