Diecimila blinking leds problem (lesson 3)

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Eudes

Diecimila blinking leds problem (lesson 3)

Post by Eudes »

In lesson 3, it says that with this schematic mounting, the led on board and the led connected to pin 13 have to alternate blink, but it doesn't happen with my set up. The connected led just turns off and doesn't blink. I've checked voltages with a multimeter and it shows 5V when current is high (onboard led on) and 0V when low (onboard led off).

Is it that i'm just dumb or could be something wrong?

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

I could be totally wrong, but I thought you attached the positive side of the LED to pin 13 and then just grounded it... Maybe not?

Eudes

Post by Eudes »

you mean without the resistor? nope. And testing it backwards it works, so it's alive.

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

Eudes wrote:you mean without the resistor? nope. And testing it backwards it works, so it's alive.
Hmm... If testing it backwards works, maybe you have + and - leads on the LED confused? It's pretty easy, I always forget the convention and have to look it up again within a day of using an LED. :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

+ lead is longer!

Eudes

Post by Eudes »

OUCH!
As I thought, I'm dumb. Or blind at least. I read GND where it says +5V. Just... I'll have to visit an optician (I even read it wrong again today).

Thank you for your help ^^

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”