Updates for the tutorials for Vista, + others.

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tntc

Updates for the tutorials for Vista, + others.

Post by tntc »

Tutorial 0 has a windows install section, showing XP. I downloaded the driver for Windows (the link on the page redirects to another page with two near-match links because they have updated the driver now). It turns out, with Vista you don't REALLY need to do this. You can click 'Locate and install driver software (reccomended)' and Windows will automatically download the correct driver from Windows Update. Worked like a charm for me. Note: The 'Locate and install driver software' window popped up twice for me.

Also, the tools menu no longer uses the Microcontroller (MCU) option for switching between an atmega8 and and atmega168. It's all in an item labelled 'Board' now. There are now 6 options: Arduino BT, Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega8, Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega168, Arduino Mini, Arduino Diecimila, and LilyPad Arduino.

Just figured I'd add those updates.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Also, it says the arduino software is incompatible with Vista. I have no problems running Arduino-0011 on Vista.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the tutorials were written using Arduino 10
i think 11 they got it fixed

virsingh

Post by virsingh »

i am facing big problem running arduino 11 on vista. it worked at first but after a while it got stuck and its showing the problem.....running the bat file gives an error that " error getting arduino data folder"....can you please help me out with this....

roosterchick

Post by roosterchick »

I am also having the error dialog "Error getting Arduino data folder" displayed when I try to start the arduino.exe application. I am using arduino 11 on vista. I tried searching the Arduino website, but I could not find any information. Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”