basic question

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mg1212

basic question

Post by mg1212 »

Hi- I am setting up my arduino for the first time and ran into some trouble-- i have a mac, the arduino is a diecimila and the green light comes on when i plug it into the usb, but then in terminal, when i look for the installed driver, i get only dev/tty.bluetooth-modem and dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync and nothing with usbserial, so then in Console it says this :30:45.459 SyndicationAgent[451] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Fri 27 Jun 2008 15:24:19 -800' a bunch of times... i'm sure its something very basic that i am missing... thanks for your help!

mngrif

Post by mngrif »

Try either one of the following and go with whatever looks good. I'm not a mac guy though. Run these from within your devices directory (/dev for us linux & BSD folks, should work for you).

Code: Select all

ls -l | grep serial
ls -l | grep tty

adafruit

Re: basic question

Post by adafruit »

mg1212 wrote:Hi- I am setting up my arduino for the first time and ran into some trouble-- i have a mac, the arduino is a diecimila and the green light comes on when i plug it into the usb, but then in terminal, when i look for the installed driver, i get only dev/tty.bluetooth-modem and dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync and nothing with usbserial, so then in Console it says this :30:45.459 SyndicationAgent[451] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Fri 27 Jun 2008 15:24:19 -800' a bunch of times... i'm sure its something very basic that i am missing... thanks for your help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”