suggestion 4 Starter Pack,2 more 1K ohm resisters (7 total)

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ungeek

suggestion 4 Starter Pack,2 more 1K ohm resisters (7 total)

Post by ungeek »

Dear Lady Ada,

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed getting to know the Arduino Starter Pack and your tutorials. I'm poised to start Lesson 5 and was saddened to find that I will need two more 1K ohm resisters. :( The kit comes with five but two are used to for the LED's on the shield. That leaves only three left for the red LED's. I could -- and will -- incorporate the shield's two LED's but it would look so much nicer to have all five red LED's lined up like in your pictures. It would have been nice to have a total of seven 1K ohm resisters in the kit, two for the two LED's on the shield and five left over for the five red LED's. Possible for future upgrades to the kit? Thoughts?

Thank you for your kit and site, dedication to open source, etc. !

Best,
Ben

ungeek

Re: suggestion 4 Starter Pack,2 more 1K ohm resisters (7 total)

Post by ungeek »

I hope that's the case though I'm doubtful. I'm pretty sure mine only came with 5 and there are only 5 listed on the kit's contents at

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=68

:?

ungeek

Re: suggestion 4 Starter Pack,2 more 1K ohm resisters (7 total)

Post by ungeek »

You're right. Guess I lost 'em. I'm going to use one resister for more than one LED as my work around.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”