Dodgy Arduino Board - What now?

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nitrousoxide

Dodgy Arduino Board - What now?

Post by nitrousoxide »

I recieved my arduino board after an unusually long time, And i just realised, I'm missing a jumper =[, Is there anything i can do/anyone i can contact?

Oh and, anything i should / should not do meanwhilst i'm waiting?

Fjornir

Re: Dodgy Arduino Board - What now?

Post by Fjornir »

What kind of board is it and who did you buy it from? Which jumper are you missing? Do you have anything which you could scavenge a jumper from in the meantime like an old dead hard drive or something?

karlgg

Post by karlgg »

I assume you've found an answer, but just in case (and for others reading this)...

If you have bought an Arduino (or even any of the clones/kits) it is a normal commercial product. Just like a toaster or a BMW, you should contact the people you bought it from. LadyAda mentions on her Arduino "Lesson 0" (http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/lesson0.html) to check it for damage/missing parts (with pictures), and gives the email to use if there are problems - if you got it from her, of course. :)

As to the jumper, while some of them do, the Duemilanove (newest board) doesn't have any jumpers. So make sure you're actually missing something. The "ICSP" pins are NOT jumpers, and should not be fiddled with unless you're using an ICS programmer instead of the USB/Serial/Bluetooth connection (whatever type you bought).

Edit: Since the Duemilanove is so new (it's Italian for "2009") the tutorials don't show the board yet. The jumper on the old boards decides where the power comes from. The Duemilanove decides auto-magically, and therefore doesn't have the choice.

nitrousoxide

Post by nitrousoxide »

Sorry, Just got back from queensland, Thanks for the help, But yeah, I asked my freind, he said it automatically switches power source ( power jumper).
-Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”