Fingerprint question

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_rick

Re: Fingerprint question

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

So you click Open Device, select COM4, and click OK. Does the error message pop up instantly, or does it take several seconds before the error message pops up?

lovligirl

Post by lovligirl »

yes it takes several seconds to pop the message everytime i thought it got it but then suddenly message comes on screen and after that nothing affects no baud rate no pakage size and none other thing happens successfully

adafruit_support_rick

OK, this is actually sort of a good thing. There is apparently a bug in SFGDemo where it can't open the COM port. In this case, the error pops up immediately. There's no fix for that problem.

However, when it takes a few seconds for the error to pop up, that means the SFGDemo opened the COM port, but could not talk to the sensor. So, you have a problem with your wiring. Please post a clear picture of your wiring, and we'll take a look at it.

Also, make sure that the plug on the bottom of the fingerprint sensor is fully seated and oritened the right way. It should look like this:
fingerprint_cable.JPG
fingerprint_cable.JPG (82.46 KiB) Viewed 2150 times

lovligirl

Post by lovligirl »

yes it is all tightly connected under sensor my sensor is FPM10A is it ok to use with this software and here are pictures of arduino and sensor thank us o much for ur support please tell me can this bug be removed or else what i have to do about it.
Attachments
IMAG0093.jpg
IMAG0093.jpg (928.6 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

adafruit_support_rick

You have your serial lines soldered to digital 2 and 3. For use with SFGDemo, the data lines must be connected to Digital 0 and 1, as in the tutorial.

lovligirl

Post by lovligirl »

ok thank u so much i tried given code on these lines so i made it in mind that i dont need to change it i m now going to change it thank u forthe support on this much silly mistake of mine thank u i m trying now

lovligirl

Post by lovligirl »

thank u so much for every help i made it run this time thank u

lovligirl

Post by lovligirl »

hi thanks for every help and for this bestest project now i have one question can i make this project on bread board i mean i place a atmega328p and a usb cable (well i dont know how) i still dont know that what will happen means is there any use of serial programmer of arduino with atmega328p or else it can be made on bread board too please tell me thank u

adafruit_support_rick

This tutorial describes building an Arduino on a breadboard
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Standalone

janislejins

Post by janislejins »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Fingerprint images are binary. You could print them out byte-by-byte in hexadecimal if you want. Why do you need them in text format?
Hi there I'm an Art student and as we love totally ridiculous things and are gluttons for punishment as a result.
I'm building a thing that connects one user to another user who has a similar fingerprint image via phone based using an arduino yun.
I do in fact need the fingerprint images as a byte-by-byte hexadecimals.
How do I go about getting these bytes as described in the quote above this from the reader? is it as simple as calling 0X0A command?

adafruit_support_rick

janislejins wrote:How do I go about getting these bytes as described in the quote above this from the reader? is it as simple as calling 0X0A command?
Yes and no. Yes, you call the 0x0A (UpImage) command. But the Yun doesn't have enough SRAM to hold a complete image. You could try double-buffering the image as it comes in, and write it out to an SD card on the fly. I don't know anyone who has tried that, so I don't know if it will work.

Also note that the image will be transferred out as 4-bit pixels (two pixels per byte), so you'll need some extra processing to turn it into a regular 8-bit bmp.

janislejins

Post by janislejins »

Thanks Rick!
I'll give it a go in the coming days.

fernandottrindade

Post by fernandottrindade »

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a project with fingerprint using Arduino, java and MySql. Actually, i'm registering the finger ID in the equipment memory and i use this same ID in my data base as the Biometric of the person. So, i depended of the equipment memory and it is not good, because if the equipment spoil i'll lose all the data. I would like to save not the id, but the biometric code direct in my data base. Is it possible? I don't know how it work, if it generate a image, and a code of the image. Can somebody help me?

adafruit_support_rick

The fingerprint sensor does not save images. It encodes the image into a "template", and stores that. The library has a show_fingerprint_templates example sketch that retrieves and prints the template data.

fernandottrindade

Post by fernandottrindade »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:The fingerprint sensor does not save images. It encodes the image into a "template", and stores that. The library has a show_fingerprint_templates example sketch that retrieves and prints the template data.
Ok. Thanks for the answer.

I cant enter an ID to enroll a finger because i need get the finger template data and save in my data base.

When i enroll a finger, is it possible to put the template data into a variable? Then i will send it to my data base by ethernet shield.

And when a finger is acknowledged in the read, is it possible to return the template data into a variable? Then i will send it to my data base and verify if it is registered or not.

Is it clear? My english isn't very well.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”