Fingerprint question

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_rick

Re: Fingerprint question

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Ianna is going to have to post FP_Pack_Head - I don't know what it does... :(

DSP017

Post by DSP017 »

Hello , I wanted to know if I can save the Fingerprint image in a text file ? If yes, how do I do that ?
Thank you :)

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Fingerprint images are binary. You could print them out byte-by-byte in hexadecimal if you want. Why do you need them in text format?

legaspi019

Post by legaspi019 »

anyone successfully delete specific fingerprint/ID?

DSP017

Post by DSP017 »

well , I'm making a Garage Door Opener . The door just opens if I enter the Code with a Keypad correct an then the fingerprint has to be checked. I have to save the Code in a text file , so that the Prgramm has to go search the Code in a Text file and my question was if it would work with the Fingerprint image ? Because I have to write a programm that has to be MultiUSer . THank you :)

adafruit_support_rick

When you enroll a fingerprint in the reader, you assign it an ID number. You would enroll all the authorized users of the garage door, and give them each an ID.

When someone scans a finger to try to open the door, the fingerprint reader will do one of two things:
1) If the finger is recognized, it will return the ID number.
2) If the finger is not recognized, it will return a "finger not recognized" code.

This is how your program know whether or not to open the garage door.

Elric

Post by Elric »

@all:

use this part in the code of Ianna and it' works:

/*----------FINGERPRINT protocol definition -----------*/

unsigned char FP_Delet_All_Model[6]={0x01,0x0,0x03,0x0d,0x00,0x11};

unsigned char FP_Pack_Head [6] = {0xEF, 0x01, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF};

Rickers

Post by Rickers »

Elric wrote:@all:

use this part in the code of Ianna and it' works:

/*----------FINGERPRINT protocol definition -----------*/

unsigned char FP_Delet_All_Model[6]={0x01,0x0,0x03,0x0d,0x00,0x11};

unsigned char FP_Pack_Head [6] = {0xEF, 0x01, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF};

thks for the tip Elrlic its works =)

nitojuan

Post by nitojuan »

please help :cry:
how to show the fingerprint data in storage into HEX, because I want to connect the fingerprint data to program c # / vb .. or is there another solution?
sorry my grammar is bad

thank you

adafruit_support_rick

nitojuan wrote:how to show the fingerprint data in storage into HEX, because I want to connect the fingerprint data to program c # / vb
What do you plan to do with the data in C# or VB? We have no idea at all of what the format of that data is nor do we know what is contained in it. I can't think of anything you could possibly do with it.

nitojuan

Post by nitojuan »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:
nitojuan wrote:how to show the fingerprint data in storage into HEX, because I want to connect the fingerprint data to program c # / vb
What do you plan to do with the data in C# or VB? We have no idea at all of what the format of that data is nor do we know what is contained in it. I can't think of anything you could possibly do with it.

I try to make presence systems with fingerprint sensors,
I have an idea connecting enroll data with a serial connection to c # / vb. but I have a problem with the finger ID has been saved .. is it possible to show id enrolling data and connect it to the serial connection?
I use the example of Adafruit enroll-Fingerprint-Sensor-Library-master.
what that is possible ? If yes, how do I do that ? Please help,,

thank you for responding :)

adafruit_support_rick

I'm sorry, but I still don't think I understand.

You want to download fingerprint data to a computer, right?
You want to read the data by enrollment ID?

The enrollment ID is nothing more than the address of the data in the sensor's flash memory. The memory is organized into "pages". Each page contains the data for a single fingerprint (called a "template"). So, if you want the data for enrollment ID 52, you would read out page 52.

Reading template data is a two-step process. First, you tell the sensor to transfer the template data to a "character buffers" (there are two of these). Then you transfer the data from the character buffer to your computer over the serial link.

The command to transfer the template to the character buffer is "LoadChar"
The command to transfer the character buffer to your computer is "DownChar"

These commands are documented in the User Manual:
http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/ZFM% ... ualV15.pdf

HendryKhan

Post by HendryKhan »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:I'm sorry, but I still don't think I understand.

You want to download fingerprint data to a computer, right?
You want to read the data by enrollment ID?

The enrollment ID is nothing more than the address of the data in the sensor's flash memory. The memory is organized into "pages". Each page contains the data for a single fingerprint (called a "template"). So, if you want the data for enrollment ID 52, you would read out page 52.

Reading template data is a two-step process. First, you tell the sensor to transfer the template data to a "character buffers" (there are two of these). Then you transfer the data from the character buffer to your computer over the serial link.

The command to transfer the template to the character buffer is "LoadChar"
The command to transfer the character buffer to your computer is "DownChar"

These commands are documented in the User Manual:
http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/ZFM% ... ualV15.pdf

Hi, regarding to the comment above can Sir/Madam provide some codings or example codes on how to use the "LoadChar" and "DownChar" commands so that the character buffer of the template can transfer to the computer via serial. Thanks for the help (Sorry because i still a new and not familiar with the code)

adafruit_support_rick

We don't have any sample code. All we have is the information in the sensor's user manual.
Sorry.

lovligirl

Post by lovligirl »

hi thank u so much for ur beast ever project i m just stuck in one thing due to my lack of experience please reply me i m stuck with the fingerprint windows software i uploaded the blank sketch i m using arduino uno. then i closed all the arduino IDE and open the SFGDemo i have following problems. 1 kindly tell me should i have to remain open the blank ide while working with windows software 2 kindly tell me when i shut the ide and open the windows software and put the device address of COM4 as my arduino was running on it, it gave me error of please check the password. what is its meaning i mean should i have to give a pass code or what hence by failling in hardware it is also fail in baudrate and all other settings please tell me what process i should do should i remain ide open or what so it can read my com port of usb it is fail on all com port addresses
Last edited by lovligirl on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”