Fingerprint Sensor : Retrive RAW Image

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
harryhaaren

Fingerprint Sensor : Retrive RAW Image

Post by harryhaaren »

I've recently purchased the fingerprint scanner that you offer, and have got off to a great start using it. The examples are working fine, the only issue that I'm having is that there is little documentation on how to get access to the raw image data.

As far as I understand the sensor provides 255x288 pixels of 16 bit greyscale data in a bitmap form. I read the header file available on github.com, and presume it requires the use of finger.getImage() and finger.getReply(). I'm a little lost as to how to perform the details.

Help explaining how to retrieve the raw data into the Arduino, and how that data should be interpreted to be viewable as a greyscale image would be much appreciated :)

Cheers, -Harry

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Fingerprint Sensor : Retrive RAW Image

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We recently got the English translation of the manual and have posted it here: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-opti ... /downloads

I have not had a chance to study it to see what raw image support they have.

harryhaaren

Post by harryhaaren »

adafruit_support wrote:We recently got the English translation of the manual and have posted it here: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-opti ... /downloads

I have not had a chance to study it to see what raw image support they have.
Thanks for the reply. I've read trough the linked datasheet, and although it does provide some insight into the image format (255x288 px , 4 bits or 16 shade when transferred over UART) it doesn't mention how to get the data from the device.

Essentially my question is how I can use the functions getImage() and getReply() provided as on github https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Fi ... rint.h#L83 to retrive the image data.

Cheers, -Harry

adafruit_support_bill

Essentially my question is how I can use the functions getImage() and getReply()
getImage() in the library is an implementation of the 0x01 command which is described like this in the manual:
6.2.1 To collect finger image: GenImg
Description: detecting finger and store the detected finger image in ImageBuffer while
returning successfull confirmation code; If there is no finger, returned
confirmation code would be ¡ can¡t detect finger¡ .
Uploading the image from the sensor would be the 0x0A command. We did not have this level of English language documentation at the time the library was written, so we currently do not have library support for this function.

mxlukax

Post by mxlukax »

Someone know how can i get the image raw data ?

dolsh

Post by dolsh »

i'm having the same problem i need to know how to pass the data image from the sensor to th pc through the arduino

adafruit_support_bill

The English version of the manual is available now here: http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/ZFM% ... ualV15.pdf

syed sajjad

new po

Post by syed sajjad »

i need all commands like getImage(),image2Tz of adafruit_fingerprint liberary. please let me know as soon as possible

saeid

Post by saeid »

Can anyone post a code that reads raw image from the image buffer and save it to a file?

saeid

Post by saeid »

Dear Adafruit,
I recently purchased the fingerprint kit which comes with the Arduino uno board. The reason I purchased this kit was to capture raw fingerprint images.
I'v been trying for a few days with no success. The SFG Demo software is clearly a joke. I could actually "open the device" but I cannot communicate with the device. For example when I set the baud rate to 57000 it says "Failed to set bandrate". I followed all the suggestion in the forum, even tried with windows 7 and 8.
Then I decided to do some coding so I can get the image. I have the same problem as everyone else. The received data is approximately 19000 bytes which is much less than the image buffer should be. Every time I sent a request for the buffer, the data received is different.
I don't have much time to spend on this and clearly it didn't work for many others. Hence I am writing this to request for refund.

Best,
Saeid

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That would fall under the heading of a return by choice, so we'll need you to pay return shipping.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will help you.

solssfar

Post by solssfar »

i have the same problem i need to know how to pass the data image from the sensor to th pc through the arduino,
And how to get BMP image ,
Please help ...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”