Continuous Rotation Servo backwards compatible with Standard Servo

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rahatmaini

Continuous Rotation Servo backwards compatible with Standard Servo

Post by rahatmaini »

There is a ton of code out there that works only with standard servos because they rotate 180 degrees. Because that is a range of 0-180, sketches on the Arduino can use functions like map(); perfectly.

I want to be able to use a joystick to control two continuous rotation servos in a pan-tilt system. I can already do this although it is not precise and perfect at all. I want to use Standard Servo code with Continuous rotation servos.

I need to have my Continuous Rotation Servos behave like Standard Servos temporarily. How?

:?:

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Continuous Rotation Servo backwards compatible with Standard Servo

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I need to have my Continuous Rotation Servos behave like Standard Servos temporarily. How?
This is not possible. A continuous rotation servo is a standard servo with the physical stops removed and the feedback circuit disconnected from the shaft. Without feedback a servo cannot determine its position.

arctic_eddie

Post by arctic_eddie »

You can try Dynamixel servos. They are continuous rotation, high precision, absolute positioning, and digital control using either RS485 or half-duplex RS232. The AX-12 series will work but the RX, MX, and EX series are much better, but quite expensive. The later are 4096 steps per revolution.

rahatmaini

Post by rahatmaini »

Thanks ArcticEddie!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”