Programmable 4 Coin Type Coin Slot error

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cld

Programmable 4 Coin Type Coin Slot error

Post by cld »

I've been using this coin slot for about a month and it's been functioning really well. Today suddenly there it no longer works and the display says E3, some kind of error but for what? I can't find anything online or in the manual? Please help! I;ve tried everything I can think of and it seems as if this thing is just broken.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Programmable 4 Coin Type Coin Slot error

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Is anything jammed? Are the coins still passing through? Have you tried going through the setup again?

cld

Post by cld »

The coins pop back out the front, but I can't see to find any jams. I thought to run it through the setup again, but the E3 message that is up won't allow you to do anything. It seems like there's a sensor that's off somewhere- but seriously can't find which one.

cld

Post by cld »

i figured out the E2 message means that the area where the coin first passes through isn't lined up correctly, so i thought perhaps this E3 means that the second area where the coin passes through -on its way out- is jammed, but how can you tell/fix it? Does this thing just burnout after awhile?

adafruit_support_bill

Do you know what kind of sensor is in that area? I don't have one here now to check, but I can take a look later today.

cld

Post by cld »

Can't see what controls that section, but please do take a look and get back to me. I have a feeling this may just be a cheap electronic fail.

cld

Post by cld »

Can someone get back to me about this?

adafruit_support_bill

Hi, I tore one down and looked inside. All the sensors are in that first sensor module. The next section of the coin path is the solenoid that diverts the coin path. There are two wires coming from the solenoid coil that plug into the edge of the main circuit board. Make sure that the connector on that has not come loose.

cld

Post by cld »

I took it apart and it doesn't seem like it's come loose. Can you sort out what the E3 error means?

adafruit_support_bill

Are you getting the error at power-up, or only when a coin passes through? I believe it is a sensor error, but there is not much information on these units.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”