Data Logger shield availability

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
av8or1

Data Logger shield availability

Post by av8or1 »

Hi-

I tried to order one of the new pre-assembled datalogger shields today, but was unable to do so. There appears to be a 5 - 10 day wait. I did enter my information to be notified when they become available. However I wanted to ask here: what's the holdup? Are these units experiencing problems in the field and so they need a little more development or did they just sell so fast that supply couldn't keep up? Is there an expected date of availability (ergo, how close are we to having them available)?

Thanks!

adafruit

Re: Data Logger shield availability

Post by adafruit »

hiya!

they sold out VERY fast! we're making more shortly.

cheers,
adafruit support

av8or1

Post by av8or1 »

Ok, good to know.

Have an ETA? Shortly helps, but I need to get one as soon as they become available.

Finally, I have been reading the documentation about this shield. There is an updated tutorial, but not schematics and more detail behind the new model like there is with the old model. When will you make that available? Did the design change much?

Hopefully you'll manufacture units soon. I'm on the list!

Thanks

ps-If the problem is manpower to assemble the shield, offer another "kit" where the user assembles the shield like they did with the previous version. I'd rather do that than to have to sit around and wait for more to be made.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The posted estimate is our best guess based on parts availability and manufacturing schedules.

The new board has the same schematic as the old using surface mount parts plus one additional indicator led.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”