CC3000 SmartConfig stops working

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_rick

Re: CC3000 SmartConfig stops working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

What does smartConfigReconnect do? Does it still fail?

cs gaertner

Post by cs gaertner »

It does. Any ideas?

cs gaertner

Post by cs gaertner »

My board is carrying the cc3000 shield, 2 22bit adcs some switches and a differential pressure sensor. Because the target application is mobile I wanted to use the CC3000 for the SmartConfig capability.

cs gaertner

Post by cs gaertner »

Is there a way to add a profile manually, so I can check if it's the CC3000 EEPROM that causes the error?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Do you guys mind posting in the TI e2e forum? we base our code off of their Host Example - so we dont know any of the internal methods, we just ported the code to Arduino. they can answer with more detailed info about EEPROM location and checking the profiles

http://e2e.ti.com/support/low_power_rf/f/851.aspx

ridastock

Post by ridastock »

I'm in the same boat. Has a thread popped up either here or at the TI forum suggesting a fix? Haven't been able to find one yet.

Also, is it possible that upgrading the CC3000's firmware from the shipped version (I am using the shield, which came with v1.19 installed) could address this? I see that the sketches are only meant to work with two firmware releases, so I'd rather not upgrade if it won't address this problem.

Many thanks.

ddemarco

Post by ddemarco »

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while since the last post, but I seem to be experiencing the same problem. SmartConfig finishes just fine, but the CC3000 does never connect to the network after that. It was working a few days ago...

Has anyone found a solution to this, or any new discoveries?

Cheers!

adafruit_support_rick

If it worked for a while and then stopped, maybe it would be worth rebooting the router.

ddemarco

Post by ddemarco »

I did that and even changed router. I suspect it's not the router, because as it happened to all others in this thread, I can actually connect using wlan_connect(). SmartConfig is the only feature that stopped working. It does send the HCI_EVNT_WLAN_ASYNC_SIMPLE_CONFIG_DONE event, but it does initiate any connection after that.

Cheers,
Diego

adafruit_support_rick

SmartConfig is a TI thing. We don't have any control over it. You might have better luck over at the TI forums.
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/CC3000

tvoverbeek

Post by tvoverbeek »

Had the same problem. The smartconfigcreate sketch got to the point where it said 'smart config data received', but never reconnected afterward.
Turned out the NVMEM fat table was corrupted.
Attached a sketch (CC3000DumpFat) which you can use to dump the fat table.
Indications for corruption are addresses like -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) for the WLAN_CONFIG parameters (File ids 2 and 3)
Fixed it by reflashing the firmware using the driverpatch_1_12 sketch in examples. This sketch also reinitializes the fat table.
How it got corrupted? No idea.
Attachments
CC3000DumpFat.txt
Rename to CC3000DumpFat.ino (Forum upload does not allow extension .ino)
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

ranawat

Post by ranawat »

hi gaertner,
did you find solution to this problem? I am facing same problem with v 1.24.All other tests are working fine except smartconfig (it worked once). i am using android app SmartConfigCC3X by cube labs...trying to achieve connection without AES.
getting the following output on my serial monitor..

Code: Select all

Got smart config data
Timed out waiting to connect
SmartConfig failed

taher

Post by taher »

Hello, sorry for posting the doubt in between the discussion. I am actually facing the problem with smartconfig with arduino UNO. I have tried using 1.0.1 IDE and also 1.5.6-r2, not working on both the IDE. Usinfg the android application from cube LABS.
Here what I seen on serial monitor.

Code: Select all

Hello, CC3000!

RX Buffer : 131 bytes
TX Buffer : 131 bytes
Free RAM: 600

Initialising the CC3000 ...
Firmware V. : 1.24
MAC Address : 0x08 0x00 0x28 0x58 0x5B 0x31
Waiting for a SmartConfig connection (~60s) ...
timeout!!
SmartConfig failed
It is very urgent for me to know the problem which I am facing for smartconfig. I have choosen CC3000 just because of this feature. I couldn't find satisfactory info from TI.

adafruit_support_rick

@taher: Does the buildtest sketch work normally? Can you post the output from that?

goofygrape

Post by goofygrape »

I had the same issue with a Arduino Uno and the cc3000 shield with firmware version 1.24
The smartconfigcreate sketch was failing with only the "SmartConfig failed" message. Had to comment in the #define ENABLE_CC3K_PRINTER line in the Adafruit_CC3000.h to get more error messages. Then smartconfigcreate sketch got to the point where it said 'Got smart config data' then failed with "Timed out waiting to connect". The post by tvoverbeek was my problem the WLAN_CONFIG parameters in the NVMEM fat table was -1 (0xFFFFFFFF). I ran the firmware upgrade with the Adafruit driverpatch_1_14 sketch, and this fixed the issue.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”