Resetting I2C 16-Channel PWM

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Bene_Explicat

Resetting I2C 16-Channel PWM

Post by Bene_Explicat »

Hey folks,

I've been using the PWM servo driver to control some LEDs and it's been working great until yesterday.
The first thing after rebooting my Raspberry Pi always was to clear the sleep bit. I used to do that using "i2cset -y 1 0x40 0x00 0x21" because I needed the auto increment as well.
Yesterday, I wrote some C code to do that (and subsequently doing some more things which have been working great before, I'm pretty sure that this stuff has not been causing my issue).

However, since then the PWM controller has been refusing to show any effects on the PWM channels.
At first, when I set Mode1 register to 0xa1 by using i2cset command, i2cget displayed 0x21 instead of 0xa1 afterwards.
I've been restarting the Pi several times, unplugged the PWM controller from the Pi in order to enforce some kind of reset on the PWM controller. I've also checked the wires of the external power supply and those from the PWM controller to the LEDs (all soldered).

Now I can set values to the registers again and check their values, they are correct now, but the LEDs show no effect. They remain off, no matter how I set their register's values. Sleep bit in MODE1 register is disabled.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Is there another way of totally resetting the PWM controller?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Resetting I2C 16-Channel PWM

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please post clear, detailed, focused pictures of both sides of the PWM board. Also, please post pictures showing the connections to the Pi.

Bene_Explicat

Re: Resetting I2C 16-Channel PWM

Post by Bene_Explicat »

Since the day after it's been working fine again. Thank you anyway Rick!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”