CC3000 server stops answering requests after random amount o

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tdicola

Re: CC3000 server stops answering requests after random amou

Post by tdicola »

If you're not seeing any message that all the connections are used up, then it seems like connections might not be making it to the CC3000 for some reason. The fact that the behavior is intermittent is odd too and makes me wonder if it could be something with the router. Is there any way you can try using a different wireless router to see if it repros the same issue?

steviesama

Re: CC3000 server stops answering requests after random amou

Post by steviesama »

tdicola wrote:If you're not seeing any message that all the connections are used up, then it seems like connections might not be making it to the CC3000 for some reason. The fact that the behavior is intermittent is odd too and makes me wonder if it could be something with the router. Is there any way you can try using a different wireless router to see if it repros the same issue?
I'm having some behavior with my Huzzah CC3000 that seems to be similar to what I've read in this thread. I'm doing something completely custom, but the code is almost verbatim from the WebClient example for communications, save some implementation specific additions. I'm using checkConnected() after the Serial.println() that it appears to hang after, but it hasn't stopped again yet.

In my case, I'm using the "Connection: Keep-Alive" header and leaving the connection open. I am checking to see if it's open, and if not reconnecting, but it never gets to that code as I have a Serial.println() for that. It just hangs.

I've actually been adding Serial.println()'s for a couple of days now and it seems that it just hangs and won't reconnect or anything. Though on occasion it seems that the board restarts itself and goes all the way back to setup() and I don't have any reboot() calls in it.

[EDIT] It's been another 10-15 minutes and still hasn't stopped again. Mind you it had lasted longer than that without stopping. But the only thing I've added is the checkConnected() if statement and the accompanying Serial.println() calls. Is it possible just making the checkConnected() call is preventing the hang? That's assuming it's not gonna hang eventually.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”