CC3000 - WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTER?

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pkourany

CC3000 - WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTER?

Post by pkourany »

I have traced an IP lookup problem on my CC3000 breakout to my DIR-655 router which is a few years old. It is hardware version A2 and firmware 1.37NA.

If your CC3000 is working flawlessly on your router, can you please tell me the make and model number of your router as I want to purchase the correct model.

Thanks!

:mrgreen:

westfw

Re: CC3000 - WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTER?

Post by westfw »

Can you provide details?

A CC3000 really ought not be dependent on "unusually good" router behavior.

(that said, it'd probably drive me crazy to work with an IP implementation that I couldn't look inside of. Perhaps that's why I haven't done any ethernet stuff with Arduino...)

pkourany

Post by pkourany »

Doing multiple dns lookups with the Adafruit CC3000 does not work with the DIR-655. The first lookup works but all subsequent lookups return the same IP as the first lookup. If I use my phone's WiFi tethering function, everything works fine!

So, given this and the fact that a new router won't hurt, I am looking for a unit which has proven itself with the CC3000.

:)

pkourany

Post by pkourany »

Well, I am happy to report that the DNS lookup problem went away as soon as I installed my new Trendnet TEW-812DRU router. There is obviously something weird about the Dlink DIR-655, hardware V2, firmware 1.37NA that is not working with the CC3000.

:mrgreen:

dmpyron

Post by dmpyron »

"What is the best ...?" will almost always be answered with a biased or personal interest product or, assuming the person you are asking is an experience Unix sysadmin, with "yes".

A true/false question will also be answered with "yes' while a yes/no question will get a "depends, what do you want it to be".

We sysadmins are an evil lot. Search for "BOFH" to see just how evil. :twisted:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”