Bluefruit EZ-Key Keyboard LED status?

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Tranquilite

Bluefruit EZ-Key Keyboard LED status?

Post by Tranquilite »

Hello, I love how simple it is to interface with an EZ-key over uart (I especially like the ability to send raw HID reports), but I seem to be in a little bit of a predicament. Because the Host controls the scroll/num/caps lock status, I need some way of requesting keyboard lock status so I can set my LEDs appropriately. I'm hoping that there is some kind of command I can send to the bluefruit over uart that will accomplish this, but the meager documentation available makes no mention of it.

Is there even any way of requesting keyboard status?

Thanks, and happy new year!

Deqing

Re: Bluefruit EZ-Key Keyboard LED status?

Post by Deqing »

If you are using uart to send commands, just connect RX of your controller and TX of Bluefruit. Then you will see them.

Tranquilite

Post by Tranquilite »

Umm, perhaps I did not explain myself well enough. I have already connected my microcontroller to the EZ-key, and I can send uart commands and have keystrokes sent to my testing computer. The problem is that because the host (in this case my testing computer) controls the status of caps/scroll/numlock, I need some way of requesting the status of caps/scroll/numlock so that my microcontroller can keep track of status leds.

Also, I meant to post this thread in "Other Adafruit products" and not "Other Arduino products from Adafruit". If a moderator could move this thread, I would be grateful.

Deqing

Post by Deqing »

If I understand it correctly, you will see connection information and something like "NL:Y CL:N SL:N " that indicates 3 leds.
But in my experiment, this only works in Windows. Mac and Ubuntu will not send that information to other keyboards no matter it is a usb one or bluetooth one.

Tranquilite

Post by Tranquilite »

Ah yes, I see. It looks like I was not checking for uart input properly. It shouldn't be hard to parse LED information from that.

Just out of curiosity, else does will the EZ-key send over uart?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”