Arduino SendTweet example sketch

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jdoscher

Arduino SendTweet example sketch

Post by jdoscher »

I'm playing with an Arduino Micro and the CC3000 breakout, and I loaded up the SendTweet example sketch that comes with the CC3000 library. The trouble is that after loading all the libraries, this sketch is bigger than 32k. Most of this seems to come from the BANNED/sha1 library and the CC3000 library. Am I doing something wrong that would cause the sketch to be abnormally large, or is this only intended for the Mega? The sketch notes seem to imply this will work on a Leonardo or Uno.

Code: Select all

Binary sketch size: 31,676 bytes (of a 28,672 byte maximum)

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Arduino SendTweet example sketch

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Twitter's decision to require SSL for all messages pretty much makes it impossible to use an Arduino with Twitter any more. The required code is just too big to fit in an ATmega328P.

jdoscher

Post by jdoscher »

Thank you for clarifying. By stripping out all the Serial.print() messages I was able to trim it down to 29,300, but I am unable to reduce it any further. While the Temboo code is easy, it becomes cost prohibitive to use it for too many IoT tasks. I'll take a look at using a Yun and Python instead. It would have been cool to fit a twitter robot on a Micro!

pocketmoon

Post by pocketmoon »

I'm managing to read tweets but I'm having to via a google script which reads the tweets and then uploads then to a web server which has a bit of php script on it to save the data to a file.

I can then read that file over http rather than https.

Rob

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”