VS1053 ogg record producing corrupt files

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gazzwi86

VS1053 ogg record producing corrupt files

Post by gazzwi86 »

I'm having a strange error with my VS1053 v2 breakout when using the ogg_example. The first file is created fine, however, the second and any subsequent files are corrupted, all looking identical despite being fed different content. I'm getting no errors over the serial monitor so I'm a little confused.

I have formatted my SD, downloaded the library again, added the newly downloaded plugin to the SD and uploaded the new example just to make sure its nothing to do with the library but no luck thus far.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: VS1053 ogg record producing corrupt files

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

When you say the first file, do you mean the first file on the card, or the first file after a restart?

gazzwi86

Post by gazzwi86 »

The first file after each restart. For the moment, I'm just resetting the Arduino each time I need a new file, but its not really a working solution moving forward.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

One cause of corrupted files that I know of is overruns when writing the file. If the file writes can't keep up with the data rate, you will get gaps in the data and a corrupted file. Not sure why the first file after a restart would be different though. If you post your code we can take a look.

You might also ask over at the VLSI solutions forum. They probably have some better insight into the problem: http://www.vsdsp-forum.com/phpbb/index.php

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”