Uno protoshield big enough for VS1053 Breakout?

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DanPolka

Re: Uno protoshield big enough for VS1053 Breakout?

Post by DanPolka »

Ok, now I have a further problem: they sent me a "Rev 3" compatible protoshield, NOT the one pictured above, and now I have some possible breakout mounting interference with a bus area on that protoshield. I can probably use it anyway, with less ease than I wanted, but it would work easiest if the pin nearest the micro-CD, labeled "SD CD", happened to need to connect to either I2c SDA or SCL, which are one or the other of the two lines in the bus area of the Rev 3 compatible protoshield they sent me that the "SD CD" pin would end up in.

So, what's the "SD CD" pin supposed to connect to?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

DanPolka

Post by DanPolka »

Ok, so, in use with an Uno, to play vocal/sound files from a micro-SD card in the card carrier, is that line supposed to be connected to something, anything??? I don't see it connected in any of the example circuits in the tutorial.

Finding a dearth of protoshields that would support mounting the VS1053 breakout board, the one that I got could accept it in a few different ways, but the one easiest to accomplish (using a dip area as much as possible) puts that one pin into an unacceptable bus line, so if it's not ever really used, I could neglect to put a header there, maybe put some kind of female pin there in case I might have to make a connection some time in the future.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The SD card detect is a switch that indicates when a card is inserted into the slot. It is not often used.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”