Breadboard friendly JST PH 2 pin "breakout" board request

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
clarkj

Breadboard friendly JST PH 2 pin "breakout" board request

Post by clarkj »

Hi!

This is one of those dinky little things that could make breadboarding some projects a lot easier: a "breakout" board for the JST PH 2 pin header -- the female -- so you can easily plug a battery pack equipped with this sort of connector to the breadboard.

It's not worth my effort to design one up and have the PCB made (gee -- I bet if I went to Gold Phoenix I'd probably get about 400 as the "minimum order"), but Adafruit (and the guys in Colorado who ship things in red boxes :wink: ) sell enough things that would plug into them that I wish one of you would carry this tidbit.

ClarkJ

clarkj

Re: Breadboard friendly JST PH 2 pin "breakout" board reques

Post by clarkj »

That's the sort of connector I had in mind, but it sure doesn't look "(solderless) breadboard friendly" from this picture. What I was thinking was a PCB to solder this connector to, and a couple of "header" pins, so that you can plug it into a solderless breadboard and then connect the battery (or battery pack).

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I'll bring it up with the design team.

clarkj

Post by clarkj »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I noticed this morning (AZ time) products 1862 and 1863. These are EXACTLY what I had in mind!

Unfortunately, I placed a big order a couple of days ago. A few things I'd wanted were listed as "out of stock", so when some of those come back in stock, I'll order and include a couple of each of the new ones. (The project that inspired the idea is now beyond the breadboard stage, and I'm trying to find time to write it up. The next project doesn't involve batteries, so I don't need them for it. I'll try to post a comment or two pointing to these on the SF website in the next few days, as I'm sure some of their customers will want them.)

Thanks again!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”