Bluefruit EZ-Link Problems

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
inception33

Bluefruit EZ-Link Problems

Post by inception33 »

After waiting for a week without getting any useful answer for the email that I've written to [email protected] I am trying my luck also on the forum.

We’ve bought about 20 bluetooth EZ-Link Modules (http://www.adafruit.com/products/1588) from you for a competition between students enrolled in Danish universities. I am one of the organizers of the competition.
It seems that all the bluetooth modules have the same bluetooth ID: 00-19-5D-25-3F-5A
I thought that all bluetooth devices should have their own unique ID. Is this a production fault?
My concern is what will happen during the final of the competition, which will take place on 5th April, when we’ll have many of these bluetooth modules active in the proximity of each other. According to the tests I’ve run I could see that as long as I pair the modules individually (only one is active during the pairing process) it is possible to have 2 of these modules working in close proximity to each other. But the connections don’t seem very reliable: sometimes when one of them is connected, the other one cannot connect or I need to change the connection speed to a different baud rate before the other one can connect as well. When I’ve tried to connect my Mac Pro to 2 of the EZ-Link modules the computer just froze, which is very unusual for a Mac. So to make my test with 2 different EZ-Link boards I had to use 2 different computers.

I am looking for a reliable solution and I would like to see what suggestions do you have. Is it possible to make some firmware update for the bluetooth modules? On the back of the board I can see 6 connectors that could correspond to some debugging interface (SPI?). Can those be used to re-flash the bluetooth boards?

One of the EZ-Link boards that I have also seems to be defective. It can successfully pair but it cannot transmit or receive any serial data (the loopback test fails). Using the same setup the other boards work just fine.

One of the teams also mentioned that they’ve tried using the EZ-Link board with an Android phone and no matter what they’ve tried they couldn’t get a faster connection speed than 9600 bps. Do you have some guide showing how to write an Android application that can connect as a higher speed with the EZ-Link?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Bluefruit EZ-Link Problems

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

inception33 wrote:After waiting for a week without getting any useful answer for the email that I've written to [email protected] I am trying my luck also on the forum.
We require you to come to the forums first for support, so you've come to the right place.

When did you purchase these modules? We had a batch back in January which were not programmed correctly. That has since been rectified.

Please email [email protected] again , with a link to this thread, and they can arrange replacements for the mis-programmed modules. Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”