Adding BluetooLE to NeoGeo watch

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
robie1373

Adding BluetooLE to NeoGeo watch

Post by robie1373 »

I am looking at adding one of your sharp, new bluetooth LE modules to the NeoGeo watch project. Since the ICSP header is available plus 2 more digital IO it seems like it might be possible.

I hacked up some pictures from your site to illustrate what I'm thinking:
NEO_plus_BTLE.jpg
NEO_plus_BTLE.jpg (240.28 KiB) Viewed 227 times
I'm stuck on the RDY pin, though. I see it needs to attach to an interruptible pin. I think Flora is Leonardo compatible so 3,2,0,1 and 7 would be the pins to use. The NeoGeo watch project seems to only have D9 and D12 available. Do either of this correspond to the desired pins on the Leo by any chance? If not, is there a workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really excited about the potential of being able to address this project from my phone.

tldr;
Goals: I would like to be able to send new waypoints to the watch wirelessly from my phone. It should also be possible to make the watch blink like crazy when my phone rings, or blink out SMS messages in Morse, or blink like crazy if I leave my phone behind and walk out of range. The possibilities are endless! Sorry. I got a bit carried away there.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Adding BluetooLE to NeoGeo watch

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The Flora/Leonardo has pin-change interrupts on D9 and D10, but you'd probably have to modify the library to use that - not sure.
However, you can change the code to use SoftwareSerial for the GPS. Attach GPS TX to D9, and GPS RX to D12.

Code: Select all

SoftwareSerial swSerial(9,12);
Adafruit_GPS GPS(&swSerial);
You can then use either the RX or TX pad for your RDY pin. RX is D0, and TX is D1.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

I wouldn't suggest trying to shoehorn the nrf8001 into this, its a bit of a quest. we're working on a simpler-to-use BTLE module that we could have usable with flora. as is, its not even tested on the 32u4!

robie1373

Post by robie1373 »

<pout>Sigh. It's so hard to be patient. </pout>

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”