MAC address from SSID

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gomago

MAC address from SSID

Post by gomago »

Hello everyboy,

I'm working with the Adafruit CC3000 WiFi with the Arduino Uno. It's work perfectly but I have a couple of questions
I make a ssid scan and I retrieve the ssid name, the rssi value and the security type. I'm living in a place with more than 30 wifi networks close to my house but the ssid scan from the shield only retrieves 19. Does anybody know why it shows 19 from 30 networks?

Another question: Is it possible to retrieve the MAC address from the SSID list? I can do it with the arduino yun but, for now, I can't achieve this with the adafruit cc3000 shield. Could anyone help?

Thank you so much
Regards

adafruit_support_rick

Re: MAC address from SSID

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

See if there is anything relevant in this thread:
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... lit=+bssid

gomago

Re: MAC address from SSID

Post by gomago »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I have been reading information of this thread and the texas instrument related forum.
My conclusion is I can't employ the cc3000 based board to scan several access point with the same name but different address.
There is a blog that "said" (it is written in chinnese) he solve several cc3000 bugs but I can't get it works. (http://kuangqi.me/embedded/cc3000-host- ... uide/#more)

If you find any solution, please post a reply at any time. The Adafruit CC3000 it's really easy to use and I want to make my project based on it.
Thank you so much.

Regards

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”