Non-Functional Fingerprint Sensor (751)

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
coreyjhowe

Non-Functional Fingerprint Sensor (751)

Post by coreyjhowe »

Hello, I recently bought a fingerprint sensor ( https://www.adafruit.com/products/751 ) a few days ago and when I got it I plugged everything in the way they had it on the written and video tutorial for "setting up a fingerprint sensor" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1diFaa5OsFg ) And on the video it says the sensing light should come on and or flicker, well mine is not. It has not flickered and didn't light up, at one point it did get a little warm. In fact when I plug the fingerprint sensor into my Arduino-Uno board the board shuts off.

I've read online on the forum that the board does that when there is a short but I have two brand new boards and they both do the same thing when the fingerprint sensor is plugged in and I'm very sure the wiring is correct and I've added a bigger solid gauge to each of the wires. Like I plug the sensor in first, data then the sensor power wires to the Arduino-Uno board then the usb cable then the power cable to the board and it wont turn on until I unplug the sensor. Now I was hoping someone could help me out to solve this issue or if they've had a similar issue with the fingerprint sensor. Now my school project deadline is coming to an end soon and I need to get this issue solved and I don't have much money to spare for another one :( I dunno if I could fix it at home if anyone knows a fix or if I could get a replacement. Any help is greatly appreciated. ( Pictures of the boards are at the bottom of my post )

-Corey

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Non-Functional Fingerprint Sensor (751)

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

when I plug the fingerprint sensor into my Arduino-Uno board the board shuts off.
It sounds like you got a defective unit. Please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and we can send you a replacement.

coreyjhowe

Re: Non-Functional Fingerprint Sensor (751)

Post by coreyjhowe »

Ok I will. Thank you very much for your help, it's appreciated!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”