Arduino Wifi Shield & Adafruit Music Maker Shield Compatibil

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mercurial

Arduino Wifi Shield & Adafruit Music Maker Shield Compatibil

Post by mercurial »

Hi,

I have both these shields and they work correctly individually with my Arduino Mega 2560.

However when connected together there appears to be a conflict. My sketch appears to hang when attempting to connect to the web.

I was wondering, could this be due to pin 7 overload ( Adafruit Music Maker documentation: "MCS - this is the VS1053 chip select pin, connected to Digital #7" and Arduino Wifi Shield documentation: "Digital pin 7 is used as a handshake pin between the WiFi shield and the Arduino, and should not be used."?

Whatever the reason, can you give me a work around?

Thanks

Franklin97355

Re: Arduino Wifi Shield & Adafruit Music Maker Shield Compat

Post by Franklin97355 »

SPI Jumpers
If you're using a Mega or Leonardo Arduino, you'll need to short the jumpers on the top right of the board, and install the 2x3 socket header. This is because those Arduinos use the 2x3 pin header for the hardware-SPI pins and hardware-SPI is required for the high-speed data transfer required by the VS1053 codec. We'll cover that in the Assembly step.
Since it's working you probably have done this. On the schematic there is a jumper for D7 but I can't find that on the board, perhaps someone knows where that is.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

its *underneath* the board! (sneeeaky) You can cut the trace there

mercurial

Post by mercurial »

Hi Helpful Adafruit people,

Thanks for your output already.

I've located the jumpers on the board reverse. Now, after cutting D7 what should I connect it to i.e. what pin number will be a good first choice? I did start going through the libraries to try and find a likely candidate (possibly D8?) but maybe you already know the correct answer?

Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”