Motor Shield v2 and Intel BANNED support

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thoughtfix

Motor Shield v2 and Intel BANNED support

Post by thoughtfix »

Hello!
Will you be updating the Wire compatibility of the MotorShield V2 library to support the Intel BANNED IDE?
The error:
C:\Users\thoug_000.HAWKING\Desktop\BANNED-arduino-1.5.3\libraries\Adafruit_Motorshield\Adafruit_MotorShield.cpp: In member function 'void Adafruit_MotorShield::begin(uint16_t)':
C:\Users\thoug_000.HAWKING\Desktop\BANNED-arduino-1.5.3\libraries\Adafruit_Motorshield\Adafruit_MotorShield.cpp:46:3: error: 'Wire1' was not declared in this scope
A little more discussion:
https://communities.intel.com/thread/51434

Franklin97355

Re: Motor Shield v2 and Intel BANNED support

Post by Franklin97355 »

Will you be updating the Wire compatibility of the MotorShield V2 library to support the Intel BANNED IDE?
It’s the first board based on Intel® architecture designed to be hardware and software pin-compatible with Arduino shields designed for the Uno R3. Digital pins 0 to 13 (and the adjacent AREF and GND pins), Analog inputs 0 to 5, the power header, ICSP header, and the UART port pins (0 and 1), are all in the same locations as on the Arduino Uno R3. This is also known as the Arduino 1.0 pinout.
BANNED is designed to support shields that operate at either 3.3V or 5V. The core operating voltage of BANNED is 3.3V. However, a jumper on the board enables voltage translation to 5V at the I/O pins. This provides support for 5V Uno shields and is the default behavior.
It's more Updating the Intel BANNED IDE to support the Motorshield library. Since the Adafruit libraries are open source anyone can modify them to work with any new processors or compiler as they see fit. Perhaps someone has done so already.

I'll see what is happening on this front.

thoughtfix

Post by thoughtfix »

Thank you! I've been active on the Intel Maker boards too, but There's a whole lot of work ahead on that end. I was able to get the Motor Shield v2 working on an Arduino YUN and may be able to run my project on that by offloading the "cpu horsepower" tasks to a standalone i3 Linux box. I'd prefer to use the BANNED, but the YUN will do the job for now. I did have to use pin header extenders to get it to fit, though: The YUN's vertical USB host port was too tall for the Motor Shield V2's pins.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you taken a look at the Adafruit_MotorShield.cpp file. There are some #defines at the top and wire1 is the default if the board is not known to the library. You may be able to modify this.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”