Problem of thermal receipt printer

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit2

Re: Problem of thermal receipt printer

Post by adafruit2 »

1. you have to hold it down while powering to get the test print, https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-thermal ... first-test
2. blinking
3. there's no pinterest? do you mean sketch? you had it somewhat printing out before right? just dim. Does that sketch still work at all if you tear off a length of paper and stick it into the bay without the full roll?

what i have been trying to determine is if the roll is jammed into the bay and can't turn, it should turn very easily.

davidcroft

Post by davidcroft »

Now it prints out correctly after I upload the program of arduino; but still prints nothing when I pressed the button on the front. Does the default program of thermal printer will be overwritten after uploading the arduino code?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

dont worry about that button, its not important right now. sounds like you have it working now just fine - do you need a new roll of paper?

davidcroft

Post by davidcroft »

Thank you very much. Yes, I can print out correctly with the Pinterest sketch. You might be right, I tear down some rolls of paper and it prints out correctly. But I also used the newly replaced thermal printer for testing, so it might be the problem of thermal printer. I have a paper roll available at hand now for testing and I think I am good with that. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate a lot.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”