3D Printed Wearable Video Goggles

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TECHNOLOGY_TEACHER

3D Printed Wearable Video Goggles

Post by TECHNOLOGY_TEACHER »

Hi,

I'm working on this project. I've got the goggles built and the arduino talking to the 9DOF breakout.

The problem is when I try and start setting up the tracker using the tutorials from Ahmet YILDIRIM (A link from your page).

The sketch uploads fine and I can see the roll, pitch and Yaw values piping from the Arduino on the serial monitor but I get nothing when working with "Processing". The point I get stuck at is point 2.C at http://mclightning.com/openvr-1-hardware/

The arduino code is meant for a GY-85 breakout. Is this compatible with your 9DOF breakout (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-9-d ... troduction)

I have successfully had working the sketches from this page - https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-9-d ... t/software

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Si.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: 3D Printed Wearable Video Goggles

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Not familiar with the GY-85. The magnetometer is the same. Not sure about the accelerometer. The gyro is different.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

Is there anywhere I can find the arduino code that would work with the adafruit 9-DOF board? i bought it so I would have working code that i wouldn't need to change, but the posted code is for a completely different set of devices :(

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

The libraries are here and once they are installed there are some examples of how they work.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

Yes I have found the libraries but I am looking for the actual code for this project. My coding isn't strong enough that I can easily recreate it with just the libraries. I bought the Adafruit board because I was lead to believe the code was available for it, otherwise I would have purchased the one that the original reference code uses.

adafruit_support_rick

The example code is included with the libraries.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

I am not looking for example code, I'm am looking for the code that is needed to implement head tracking for this particular project.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Moving topic to General Project forum.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

Should I take that as a no?

adafruit_support_rick

We've escalated this to the authors of the tutorial. They should get back with you shortly.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

Thank you!!!

pixil3d

Post by pixil3d »

Hi,

This tutorial is all about the 3d printed enclosure, so the code for this project is the gcode for the models. The model is completely editable, so you can use any components you'd like! In the video we do say "In the next project we’ll tackle making a DIY oculus rift headset, so subscribe to catch that upcoming video." With the way production works, we will have time to revisit sometime next year.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

I somewhat understand, but I still feel a bit duped. Why included the arduino and 9-DOF board if the tutorial actually has nothing to do with it? I now have to buy the board that the reference project used and am stuck with the adafruit one that i will probably never use. Oh and as far as the 3D print files go I believe your link in the post goes to the wrong files, it leads to the design for the reference projects headset. I had to dig through a bunch of links to finally find the files on thingiverse.

adafruit_support_rick

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a refund on the 9DOF board.

taylor_lee9

Post by taylor_lee9 »

Thank you all for the quick support. While this overall experience has been unpleasant, you have done everything expected to resolve the issue. I won't be writing Adafruit off just yet :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”