Arduino 1.5.7 IDE

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rmoquin

Arduino 1.5.7 IDE

Post by rmoquin »

Will there be any official instructions for using Flora/Gemma/Trinket boards with any Arduino IDE later than 1.0.5? I was hoping to move up to the latest Arduino somehow. I haven't had any luck at getting any 1.5.x build working with any adafruit devices. Or is there a better alternative way to do the programing that works well? I feel like I waste a lot of time trying to deal with IDE issues, which confuses any new device usage issues I run into...

Trying to figure out a more efficient way of being able to do some prototyping I'm working on and being able to know where the issue lies when things go wrong (an IDE related issue, code or certain microcontroller board quirks). If that makes any sense.

Thanks,
Ryan

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino 1.5.7 IDE

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I was hoping to move up to the latest Arduino somehow.
1.0.5 is the latest supported release from the Arduino group.

1.5.x is still a beta release -and still has many outstanding issues. There is no reason to use it unless you are programming a Yun or a Due.

rmoquin

Post by rmoquin »

Ok, I'll stick with 1.0.5 then... out of curiosity, with 1.0.5, is it normal after uploading a program to the Flora over USB for the Flora to stay pulsing in the bootloader? It doesn't appear to switch out of the bootloader, which I thought it was supposed to?

Ryan

adafruit_support_bill

The bootloader should run for about 10 seconds. Is it going longer than that? Does the upload succeed?

rmoquin

Post by rmoquin »

Yeah, the upload succeeds and it stays in the bootloader.. thinking that may be because of my wiring questions in the other post.. where the program won't run because of how I wired things up.

adafruit_support_bill

If you post photos or a wiring diagram we can take a look.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”