LED Stays on?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spazenport

LED Stays on?

Post by spazenport »

Just got my kit, love it. Its awesome.
I am having a slight problem though. When I put the batteries in the green LED stays on. When I hit the switch, the LED turns off for the duration that the button is held, but as soon as I let go, it returns to a steady green. The IR LED's are working, tv's turn off and on and its wonderful. This green LED though is confusing me.
Also, it gets hot, quick too. Within a minute I almost dropped it while trying to take the batteries out.

Any help would be awesome!
:D

adafruit

Re: LED Stays on?

Post by adafruit »

you should post a photo of the kit top and bottom

spazenport

Post by spazenport »

My bad, bad soldering, all fixed. Thanks anyways!

brenryan

Post by brenryan »

Hi spazenport,

I was wondering if you could elaborate on exactly which connections you found to be faulty.

I am experiencing the same issue, however I am not using the board supplied. I used stripboard and a project box to make a mega array described in this thread.

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37715

I am using a 9v battery to power an array of 20 IR LED's with a 5v voltage devider from same to power the circuit.

Works fine, all IR LED's light up and the green LED blinks whilst running through the codes, then it remains on.

If you could let me know which traces/components you checked and soldered, that would be great. Because I've checked everything and it all looks ok.

Thanks for reading...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”