Micro problem

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sebas

Micro problem

Post by sebas »

Hi to everyone:
I´m Sebastian and a few months ago I was really surprised about the power of this kit but a few hours ago it stopped working so my first impression was that the green led was not working but the IR led´s were ON all the time (this was observed with a camera) so when I removed the micro and connected the 4 and 7 pin the green led turned ON, weird isn´t it?
So my question is...Can the micro fail just like that after working perfectly for months or something else could have happened?
I´ve been checking the other pieces but transistor, crystal and LED´s seems to be in perfect conditions...

Thank you very much for all your knowledge

P.S: does anyone know if the blue crystal can be replaced with a 8 Mhz micro controler like this one http://www.olimex.cl/product_info.php?c ... cts_id=236
Thanks twice

Greetings

adafruit

Re: Micro problem

Post by adafruit »

it sounds like something was shorted or maybe the batteries are dead. chips dont suddenly 'die'
also check if anything got knocked loose

sebas

Post by sebas »

Well, I´m gonna check every component, part by part, i know that the 2n2222 transistor from de IR LED´s can be replaced for any 2n2222 transistor but could I replace the blue crystal for an external micro controller crystal like the one I posted in the link of the last post?
Thanks...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we'd check eveything else before replacing parts. its unlikely a part went bad

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”