Green LED doesn't turn on, IR LEDs are solid

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jeera

Green LED doesn't turn on, IR LEDs are solid

Post by Jeera »

I put the kit together with the included switch and both the green LED and the IR LEDs would flash properly. Then I tried putting in my own switch and things continued to work properly. After messing around with everything to get it to fit in a project enclosure, now the green LED doesn't turn on at all and the IR LEDs are constantly solid. I've checked my connections and don't see anything amiss. Can anyone offer up some possible causes for the problem? I've attached pictures of the board.

Excuse the messy soldering job, I haven't soldered in about 15 years! Also, the wires going to the power supply broke off while futzing with the enclosure and so I just soldered them on the back of the board.

Thanks,
J.
Attachments
IMG_3349 (Large).JPG
IMG_3349 (Large).JPG (198.71 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
IMG_3350 (Large).JPG
IMG_3350 (Large).JPG (232.08 KiB) Viewed 2153 times

Franklin97355

Re: Green LED doesn't turn on, IR LEDs are solid

Post by Franklin97355 »

I would redo the solder joints. Most of them look like you have too much solder and not enough heat. Take a look at the tutorial on the TV-B-Gone and I think Limor also has a tutorial on soldering.

Agent24

Post by Agent24 »

Perhaps the battery leads are shorting out in the case somehow, I would redo them properly without the large uninsulated parts either way.

vxbinaca

Post by vxbinaca »

Those power lines are begging to short in the near future. You'll burn out the kit since theirs no protection circuits on the kit if they cross.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”