Can I include the firmware in my kit?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeonlab

Can I include the firmware in my kit?

Post by jeonlab »

Hi.

Recently, I made a USB chargeable flashlight and simple circuit tester and thought if I use only one IR LED and use SOIC package of Attiny85, I could integrate a little bit modified (simplified and less powerful) TV-B-Gone inside the flashlight I made. I also thought I could sell a kit of those. In order to do that, I will need to load the firmware (the one in the TV-B-Gone Make page, v1.2) in the Attiny85 for the kit. My question is whether you allow me to do that or I should pay for it. I'd want to send an email, but couldn't find email address.

I'll look forward to your answer.

Thank you.

Jinseok

adafruit

Re: Can I include the firmware in my kit?

Post by adafruit »

hiya!

it's open source software and hardware so you'll need to provide your files and hardware under the same license and you'll need to provide attribution (credit) to the makers. feel free to post here or email [email protected] if you have any questions!

thanks!
adafruit

jeonlab

Post by jeonlab »

Hi.

Thanks for quick reply and clarification.
I'll post here the progress. Wish me luck!

Have a good weekend.

Jinseok

P.S. I couldn't make my blog as a link in my signature. How can I turn [url] ON in the signature? I did it before with my previous ID but for some reason I created this new ID and forgot how I did it.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

no problem.

re: signatures - we're currently looking at enabling the signatures again - but we're working on some tools to make sure the links are not spam.

thanks,
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”