Kit done and working!

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
montesol

Kit done and working!

Post by montesol »

I will be posting pics later, but I'm happy to say my first ever kit is done and working great. I attached a 3 AA battery holder for a little extra power. I have mine built into a solid eyeglass case with the end cut out. This is a lot less conspicuous than walking around with wires and batteries in my hand. I then stuck a little piece of plastic over the button and out of the case's side. Taped it up and it is a simple lever switch that works better than I thought it would. Easier than drilling a hole and installing a button. Next bit is me fashioning a reflector behind the lights to give them a little more focus. It's a little Frankenshteen, but it works.

My pos connection from the battery pack to the board broke and I'm not veddy good at de-soldering yet. I had a lot of trouble opening up the hole to fit a wire in, so i ended up melting the solder at the pad and trying to use a leg cut off from one of the leds to push the hole open. It got stuck so I figured why not just leave that there and attach the wire to the leg. Worked great, and I might do that as SOP in the future when connecting battery packs to boards.

Works great turning off the teevees at banks, restaurants, and such. A lot of places use teeveees as in store advertising, so it's great to turn those off. I didn't even have to cross the street to turn off the teevee in the Brasilian steakhouse tv in the window.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”